Give the Gift of Compassion:
Become a member of PAWS for 2012...
Renew your membership for another year...
Purchase memberships for friends and family this holiday season...
With stubborn ongoing uncertainty in our local economy, 2011 has presented challenges. Veterinary fees and medical supply costs have risen. Generating income has grown difficult as everyone cuts back on charitable giving. Even so, demand for our services has increased exponentially as the community grows disillusioned with the ineffective and costly approaches employed by traditional shelters and rescues.
Despite all the obstacles, PAWS and its volunteers remain more dedicated than ever to fulfilling our mission. We know we can save more lives and prevent more suffering by:
- Spaying and neutering thousands of free-roaming cats every year to humanely reduce their populations;
- Providing access to reduced fees for spaying and neutering of companion cats and dogs; and
- Re-homing of hundreds of needy cats and kittens every year from our urban, suburban, and rural neighborhoods.
Why should you become a member of PAWS -- especially when there are so many deserving animal-welfare organizations in our area seeking your support? When you become a PAWS member, you support a local organization that has served local needs for three decades, one of the few in our region that has proven itself committed to realizing a no-kill community.
We want to do more in 2012 but we cannot do so without your support. Join us as a new member or renew your membership. Purchase gift memberships for friends and family members who share your desire for a better world for the cats and dogs of south central Pa. (Every gift membership comes with a special gift card.)
Together, we can immediately reduce suffering by preventing the births of tens of thousands of unwanted animals and save the lives of hundreds of needy animals living in peril. Join us today.
We couldn't help the thousands of animals we do each year without the support of our volunteers and members.
With no paid staff, PAWS depends on over 100 volunteers to maintain our programs, giving abandoned and abused animals a better life. Our volunteers give countless hours of their time helping with everything from returning phone calls to staffing spay/neuter clinics to humane education. PAWS' volunteers are invaluable to the success of PAWS mission to help homeless animals.
You can part of this super team. You can choose to work directly with the animals or contribute your services in other ways. Some people want to volunteer in the adoption centers, while others prefer to do clerical work or fundraising events. We have something for everyone. We welcome your talents and time in any amount.
Can't volunteer? That is OK.....become a member. PAWS is supported by over 400 members whose dues fund spay/neuter clinics, veterinary care for foster animals and other essential programs. Members are entitled to vote in PAWS' annual election of its board of directors.
Give the Gift of Compassion: Become a member, renew your membership or purchase gift memberships this holiday season. Together, we can reduce suffering by preventing the births of tens of thousands of unwanted animals and save the lives of hundreds more living in peril.
Attention - New Board Members for 2012-14 Sought
PAWS seeks new board members for a two-year period beginning January 1, 2012 and special appointed board members who will serve a one-year term in 2012. As we progress toward our strategic goals, we need help in a number of key areas, including:
- Fundraising: We need a highly organized and motivated individual to manage our program for raising the funds. This role involves managing those who manage our events and activities, promoting volunteer and community participation in fundraising, and handling administrative details such as annual permit renewals, event contracts, and mailings. Previous experience in public relations or community service is a plus.
- Volunteer Management: This management-level role requires solid communication and organizational skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure our volunteers have all the information they need to do their jobs and understand their role in fulfilling our mission. This job also includes managing the annual volunteer appreciation award process and volunteer recruitment.
- Public Relations: Our Communications Committee needs a dedicated leader with experience in writing news releases, web text, and collateral material, as well as in managing print and electronic communication projects.
- Purchasing: We need a qualified individual to create and implement a centralized purchasing process for our veterinary services and supplies. We hope to enhance our financial performance by taking better advantage of volume purchasing, vendor development, and other key activities.
Volunteer Application print and mail or complete online
Foster Application print and mail
Membership Application print and mail or complete membership online.
We prove our commitment. In 2011, PAWS:
- Supported the Humane League of Lancaster through Trap Neuter Return (TNR) surgery clinics each month.
- Subsidized hundreds of TNR surgeries through the York County SPCA's SOS and FUR programs.
- Provided regular high-volume TNR clinics for free-roaming domestic cats in eight counties.
- Mentored emerging municipally based TNR programs in Highspire, Palmyra, and Lower Paxton Township.
- Integrated our Foster and Adoption and TNR programs to help cat colony caretakers reduce colony sizes more quickly.
- Committed to a no-kill community.